October 22, 2016
We can’t wait to party down in the name of Love!
Silver Falls State Park at the NEW RANCH
So we can get all of our duckies in a row, RSVP HERE by October 8th, (even if you claimed ‘going’ on Facebook).
- Silver Falls State Park is a 75 minute drive from Portland. It is beautiful. Factor in time for a hike!
- A $5 parking pass is required for the day.
- We can only have 30 cars at our venue site, therefore carpooling is appreciated.
- If you are able, consider leaving your car at the day use parking lot or campground and walk to the New Ranch. It’s a mild mile. Wear comfy shoes and make that part of your experience! We’ll likely organize a shuttle system as well.
- There is a 10 pm curfew for day trippers. How that is enforced, we do not know. Might get locked in??
- October in Oregon can be gorgeous or dreary. You may need an umbrella/raincoat if walking. Undoubtedly, it will be chilly at night.
- With the exception of lawn games, all the fun will happen indoors.
- This is an adult only party, with very few exceptions.
- A schedule of events is below.
Yep, the wedding is a costume party. The theme is magic/magical. Seek inspiration from the forest, from your heart, from your imagination. Take it as far as you want. Come ready or get dressed up after the ceremony. Your choice. There will be a treasure chest of costumes for those in need. Otherwise, wear what makes you happy.
We encourage drinking but discourage drinking and driving. There are few onsite slumber party options as well as real beds nearby-ish.
- 10 tents can be pitched next to the Ranch. Sign up to claim your spot!
- Reserve a campsite in the park. ($19) The campgrounds are located one mile from the Ranch. To reserve call 1-800-452-5687 or go online at www.oregonstateparks.org.
The New Ranch has 23 bunk beds in the loft. The bottom bunk is wide enough to sleep two persons, and the top bunk is wide enough for only one person. NOTE: Bring your own sleeping mat & sleeping bags- bunks have no mattresses. Heat provided by fireplace.
- We have claimed nearly all of the cabins in the campground and are reserving these primarily for family/ families and those who have traveled very far to join us.
Hotels and B & B’s
Schedule of Events
3 pm ~ Magical Nuptials
3:30 ~ Celebration & Revelry Begins
- Potluck happy hour
We’re bringing plenty of beer and wine and we welcome your contributions for the nibbles & liquor. Sign up to bring a happy hour item.
- Lawn games
Cornhole, Giant Jenga and Ladder Ball, oh my!
6 pm- Dinner Drops
Supper will be provided by Suprimo, a mobile, wood-fried pizza outfit from Portland. Menu includes a pizza buffet, wood fired veggies and a big ‘ol salad al a Rockwood Urban farm. A hearty pot of soup (thank you Harriet!) rounds out the meal and to top it off, we’ll have root veggie inspired cakes from our gifted baker friends, Annie & Katia of Seastar Bakery.
6:30-9:30 Dance Party
- Live Music by Soul Companions. It’s gonna be good, Y’all.
When it’s time, it’s time.
Join us back at the ranch at 9:30 am for a light breakfast. Have a cup of coffee and a bite and then help us clean up the aftermath! Check out time is 1pm.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out.